Wow what a great year! This was a year where I fulfilled one of my dreams.
Some of my highlights this year were:
• Completed the Omagh Half Marathon
• Completed the Belfast Marathon
• Took a city break to Krakow
• Started a Church project of Tract Distribution
• Purchased 30% of the BNI Northern Ireland Region
• Started a new BNI Chapter – Invictus
Reality hit home when I looked at the pictures of the internees. These pictures documented when they arrived and when they died. The average survival rate was approx. 6 months.
Other poignant moments were when I viewed the discarded suitcases, piles of human hair, spectacles and the prosthetic limbs. Everyone with a prosthetic limb was sent to the gas chambers straight away.
Many of the people arrived in these camps by train and that is where the line came to an end.
What were their thoughts? I cannot imagine!
It may not be everyone’s dream but it is a place that everyone should visit.
This has been written in connection with a blog project organised by #ThinkKit16